A public adjuster is essentially a representative of an insured individual, who advices, manages and submits claims to the insurance company on the behalf of the policyholder. They are professional claim handlers who advocates for the policyholder in negotiating and appraising in the insurance claiming process. The public adjuster provides a great help in valuation of the total loss and ensuring the proper identification during the claiming process. Public adjusters are licensed by the department of Insurance in order to provide valuable assistance to the policyholder while processing their insurance claims. As the insurance companies often hire professionals to represent their interests, the insured individuals can be at a disadvantage. By seeking the services of a public adjuster for insurance claims in Chicago and Niles, the policyholder can orderly acquire their compensation, without facing any problems. As these adjusters handle the claims process on the behalf of the insured, the policyholder can get rid of all the anxiety associated with the complex claiming process that is present in many insurance companies.
If a person has sustained any property damage to their business or house, due to flood, fire or some other reason, they should definitely contact a public adjuster in Chicago and Northbrook. They provide assistance to the policyholder throughout the insurance claims adjustment process, which includes:
- Contract review: The most vital element while dealing with an insurance claim is the actual policy itself. Public adjusters are professionals who thoroughly analyze and review the insurance policy in order to ensure that all the relevant policy provisions have been met. They also help in filing deadlines and reviewing additional coverage to maximize the claim of the policyholder.
- Document discovery: The more detailed and comprehensive the claim of the policyholder is documented and prepared, the faster can the public adjuster obtain a favorable settlement for the insured and their family. They compile all the essential and relevant components in order to satisfy the conditions of their policy. Without proper documentation, the insurance company might deny a significant sum of money that is rightfully owed by the insured individual.
- Claim preparation: Subsequent to the rigorous document discovery process, the public adjuster prepares the claim for every aspect of the compensation adjustment procedure demanded by the insurance service provider. They ensure that the claim has been systematically prepared in order to help the policyholder to recover all their entitlements afforded under the policy, which may include loss of rents, code upgrades, business interruption, and various other extension of the coverage. Some of these components are often overlooked in the claiming process, and thus the insured have to pay for them out of their pockets.
- Claims process: The public adjusters provide assistance to the policyholder throughout the claiming process. They handle all the important inquires and correspondence that are set forth by the insurance service provider. This relives the insured from the strenuous claiming process, and ensures absolute accuracy in the procedure.
- Claim presentation: The public adjusters begin the negotiation process with the insurance company after accurately establishing the valuation of the losses of the policyholder. The losses include on-site appraisals, and comprises of third-party opinions of the loss as well. The public adjusters keep the policyholders informed about the status of their claims on its every step.
Every policyholder is entitled to have their own licensed public adjuster as their advocate, in order to go through the claiming process without facing any hassles.